Privacy and Data Use Policy
- Privacy is paramount, we treat your data as if it were our own
- Collect the minimum amount of personally identifiable data for the GlobalWorkshop tool and associated application(s) to function.
- Collect any data as required by law.
- Place safegaurds on that data to prevent unauthorised disclosure of it
Internet law and personal information privacy is complex and ever changing. Over time we expect changes to this policy, if so you will find a notice(s) after you've signed in of any changes.
GlobalWorkshop™ is a service provided by Clever Robots Limited. Our governing jurisdiction is New Zealand, we adhere to the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
What we process
In order for the site to function, the software processes the following pieces of data
- Personally Identifying Information First Name, Last Name, Nickname (if provided), Email Address and a password. Optionally depending on account type, you could provide additional details such as address or phone number. As well us an image of your choosing that represents you within the tool - this may or may not identify you.
- Non Personally Identifying Information We collect a number of details from the browser(s) that you use to access the site. The user agent, referral path, cookie details. These are needed for the site to function and to analyse performance of the site.
- Vehicle Information By very nature of the service, you upload imagery, videos, text about vehicles. This is stored and processed according to the functionality within your account that you choose. GlobalWorkshop (Clever Robots Limited) never shares any information, vehicle data, photo or video uploads. All data is private to the account it is uploaded to.
What the system does with it
We use the information in various ways from site and application functionality to diagnostic and debugging work.
- Site functionality The majority of the information collected is used in order for the site to function and place appropriate security measures inplace. Workshop adminstrators have access to information you provide such as name, address and email along with the core vehicle information, to enable use of the system and to communicate with you.
- Analysis As part of developing and maintenance of any service online we need to access data from time to time to analyse site performance, usage trends, security checks and any debugging where necessary
- Communication In the unlikely event we need to contact you, GlobalWorkshop may use your contact details to communicate with you about matters related to your account of the service.
Who has access it, where is it stored
- Access to your data for normal functionality Each GlobalWorkshop Account is specific to a business (or individual in the case of privateer accounts). The data uploaded within each account is accessible to other users of that account only, based on their permissions level. For instance a staff member uploading photos and videos other staff members of that account would also see them. But no other GlobalWorkshop account see's this data.
- Access for development and maintenance Directors and employees of Clever Robots Ltd (publishers of GlobalWorkshop) have access to the underlying database, logs, images and other forms of data in order to operate the service, provide on going development, debugging and support.
- Agents These are regional representives contracted to provide sales and support for GlobalWorkshop and as such have access to minimal data to function as resellers effectively. Agents do not have access to data within accounts such as Vehicles, Clients, Photos, Videos, Parts, Invoicing or other data.
Our suppliers systems
house the systems that store and transfer your data. We have carefully selected our vendors from reputable worldwide leaders in the industry. Our vendors manage server, storage and networking infrastructure. Your data is stored on our core data storage and backup systems. Data such as IP addresses, device identifiers may be submitted to our diagnostics services to help improve the GlobalWorkshop system. At any time we are happy to show you how these work if you have questions.
Suppliers of services to GlobalWorkshop include but not limited to:
- Linode LLC - Hosting provision [Core data storage]
- Amazon Web Services - Hosting provision [Core data storage]
- RollBar - Cloud application diagnostics
- Google Analytics - Site & Mobile analytics
- Google Firebase - Mobile diagnostics & performance
- New Relic - Cloud application performance monitoring
- Stripe - Payment processing services
Data locations include
UK, EU, and USA (various locations). Our primary data storage location is in the USA. Images & Videos are stored across various datacenters in the US dependent on need. With all data stored in a minimum of 2 geographic locations - our backup location is in the EU. As the service expands we may expand our global footprint for content delivery. Should your private images, or data, be stored on server(s) outside of USA/UK/EU we will notify you.
Citizens / residents of the EU - by using this service, you recognise that your data is transferred out of the EU into the USA where our primary datacenters lie.
- For debugging purposes from time to time we may need to pull down data into our physical offices (New Zealand), we encrypt and carefully manage your data when we do so.
- We will never share logins, demonstrate sites or otherwise breach the privacy of your data.
- Google Analytics [Marketing website only] used for main website (this website) tracking and performance. Used for mobile app tracking and performance to enhance service for users.
- Vimeo used for Video Hosting for Promotional Videos on this website, Instructional Videos in GlobalWorkshop service, cookies are used for tracking viewer statistics
- Hubspot [Marketing website only] used for CRM and marketing purposes.
- LinkedIn [Marketing website only] used for advertising purposes.
How do we safegaurd it ?
We have many procedures and technologies put in place to help prevent any authorized access to your data, as well as steps to prevent against accidental data (including image) loss. We following industry standard principles such as defense in depth, with mutliple layers of security. All access and storage of data is encrypted. All sites are accessed over SSL. We store multiple copies of data on geographically separate machines to limit any catastrophic data loss
Removal of your data
At anytime you can contact email@example.com to remove any personal data we may hold on you in the system (account details) and any identifiable photos/videos you may have uploaded. We will remove your data from our systems and delete it from our servers. Data as per normal IT practise will still reside in backups until backup rollover has occurred.
Access by minors
Our services are directly targetted for businesses or individuals with vehicles. We disallow anyone under the age of 18 to sign up to the service or have their details entered into the service. If you are concerned about this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to review.
Do you have any concerns ?
You may contact us at email@example.com
- DMCA Notices
- General Questions
- Last Updated
- 13th April 2023.
Clever Robots Limited
Auckland, New Zealand
Purpose built for the needs of Automotive, Marine and Aviation industries. GlobalWorkshop is a service provided by Clever Robots Limited.